View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 05:13 AM
Apprentice

This is a response to Syveril's post.

Spells ninjas deserve?
1. Just because most melee classes have a skill doesn't mean all other classes need it.
Hunters don't have redirect you don't see them asking for it.
Barbs and poliirs don't have vanish you don't see them complaining. And if they were given vanish everyone would be complaining.
I believe we shouldn't be looking at what other classes have and then wanting them as well. This in fact makes class unique from one another.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How we should view is "are our skills are on par with other melee classes' skill". Does their main damage skill has a higher advantage then our main damage skill?

Another way to review our skills are the usefulness. Do we make the best use of skills we have, or are they obsolete.

"I'm all not for adding new skills just because other classes have it. i.e trail concealment and redirect."

2. But skills that used to be ours do puzzle me as well. Skills such as unka and wings of dragon. Why were they taken away from us in the first place? .But with said i think marauders still deserve it as well. They lack in spellups.

3. Now with haste. I don't know if i'm all up for it. Very debatable. Do we really need it? I think we need to be focusing on joufu's arc instead.
We need to focus on how to make our skills be on par with other classes skills. Everyone's getting massive boost. Higher +stats bonus where else we're still stuck 5years ago.

Improving Ninjas
1. I agree with syveril on lowering the prevent time for antei of the clouded mind. It really gimps us. I see the point why they're on the same prevent - fight or hide. But with such a high prevent on clouded mind, it's hard to strategize how we want to hide or fight. If we cloak we're gonna be gimped for so long and our only reliable damage skill can't be use if we choose to use the advantage.

Or maybe we can make it in away that it keeps us cloak as long as we do not initiate attack,spellup or till the uptime finishes. Keeping in mind it still has its long prevention time and on a different prevention as antei of formation. This will give more tactics for ninja to utilize.

2.Antei of formation isn't all that great if you want to compare it to infusion(althought it's on a different skill tier). But i guess the short prevent time makes up for it. Thus we can't rely solely on antei of formation , but a marauder could on infusion. I'm not up for changing it. I think it's fine as it is. So i suggest we start focusing on other skills we have.

Which leads back to my first post (sorry for the biaseness). Helping us gain more attack power.

3.And on the ambush note. I say leave it there. It does serve it's purpose.
________
SWED

Last edited by grimm; 03-10-2011 at 02:47 AM.