View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 04:54 AM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb View Post
On trials:
What does True Impartial really mean? If one such morality-inclined chooses 99% of the time the moral path, I think 'true' loses its meaning here and is not accounted for. It seems truly partial to me! Any thoughts on this whine?

I agree that there needs to be a better system for handling true impartial in trials. The current system of an arbitrary time screws people over quite often. Trials conclude right after the timer wears off (super fun after you do 4-5 trials and get no reward for it). Time wears off in the middle of a personal trial, so you cannot turn it in (or choose a side until it expires).

My ideas for fixing it:

1) Have it be 20 hours, but change it so that at the end of the 20 hours, it auto-extends until the current trial concludes (one side wins). At a minimum have getting and turning in a trial each automatically extend allegiance by 1 hour if the current allegiance is <1 hour. That way you cannot get a trial and then not be able to turn it in.

2) Instead of having a timer or choosing, automatically assign the true impartial characters to whichever side lost the last set of trials. They are impartial, should be helping to maintain the "balance". That way they are always on a side.

3) Randomly (but automatically) assign each true impartial to a side for a given set of trials at the beginning of the trial, or when they log in mid-trial. Again, then they are always on one side or another.

4) Give impartial their own side.