Official Nodeka Board  

Go Back   Official Nodeka Board > Nodeka > Scripting > zMud

Old 01-19-2008, 07:54 PM
Wanderer

Default Help with Clybot basics

So I\'m new to Nodeka and its been something like 5 years since I played muds at all. In the past I never used bots, just a few basic triggers with zMud. I went on a EXP run the other day and was amazed with speed we were getting XP. I thought I gotta try using a bot.

I downloaded the file clybot_3.0.zip from here. Is the best/most current version of the script, I\'m using zMud 7.21?

I\'m trying to understand how the script works in order to set it up correctly. I set my prompt up like this:

Code:
Prompt Lag: $L $i$T: $t $O: $o$R$i$IReply: $r Align: $a $p$R$IH:$h/#H M:$m/#M S:$s/#S E:$e/#E
The prompt trigger in Core_triggers that matches my prompt is this:

Code:
~H:&%dhit_cur/&%dhit_max ~M:&%dman_cur/&%dman_max~ S:&%dspi_cur/&%dspi_max ~E:&%dend_cur/&%dend_max
Which has this value:
Code:
#IF (@bdetect) {
  #VARIABLE bdetect 0
  act
  }
This is where I can\'t follow the script anymore. What does @bdetect do? It has a value of zero.

Does everything I have so far look ok? Anyone have any clybot setup suggestions for a newb?

Also, where can I get scripts for areas? From what I can tell there is no clybot website anymore.

Thanks,

Aden
Old 01-26-2008, 08:13 AM
Wanderer

Default Re:Help with Clybot basics

Been working on clybot and its actually much easier than I thought it would be. I am having one problem. I generated the following script:

Code:
MOBDEF 1
MOBILE skeleton
A badly decomposed skeleton wanders here.
skeletons huddle close.

PATH
e
e
e
s
e
s
s
e
e
e
e
n
n
e
n
w
n
e
n
w
w
w
w
n
w
e
e
d
u
END
Everything seems to work, except that I\'m only killing one if there are multiple skeletons. Anyone know how to get Clybot to kill all of the skeletons? I tried:
Code:
Badly decomposing, [%1] skeletons huddle close.
but clybot gave an error when loading the script. Anybody have any ideas? TIA
Old 01-30-2008, 02:48 PM
Wanderer

Default Re:Help with Clybot basics

Remove the space before PATH.. You shouldn\'t have any spaces. If you don\'t know/have a plural version of the mob, just put random characters there..

And the mobs have to be listed with numbers.. I forget which Tog that is? Tog number? something like that..