Official Nodeka Board  

Go Back   Official Nodeka Board > Nodeka > Scripting > UMC

Old 01-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Wanderer

Default Running UMC/JMC through proxy server

Is it possible to log into Nodeka with either client if you are accessing your internet through a proxy server? Clients like zMud have settings for proxy servers, but I was unable to locate anything like that within either JMC or UMC. Is there a way I can make this happen? Any info would be appreciated..

Old 01-12-2010, 07:12 AM
Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarrgon View Post
Is it possible to log into Nodeka with either client if you are accessing your internet through a proxy server? Clients like zMud have settings for proxy servers, but I was unable to locate anything like that within either JMC or UMC. Is there a way I can make this happen? Any info would be appreciated..

Maybe you could explain why you need to do this. Doing something like this is a way you could log more then 1 char onto nodeka at the same time, which is illegal and also prob the reason you didn't get anyone to respond to this question.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:21 AM
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellum View Post
Maybe you could explain why you need to do this. Doing something like this is a way you could log more then 1 char onto nodeka at the same time, which is illegal and also prob the reason you didn't get anyone to respond to this question.
That or people don't respond here often enough.

If you want to connect UMC through a proxy you would need to have your system connect through the proxy. UMC does not have built in connection management.

UMC will only use your established computers connection.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:22 AM
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarrgon View Post

If you are trying to do this for at work I suggest asking your friendly IT person if they can open it up for you. If not, try bribing them. If that doesn't work the it is probably best you worked at work.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:25 PM
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinn View Post
If you are trying to do this for at work I suggest asking your friendly IT person if they can open it up for you. If not, try bribing them. If that doesn't work the it is probably best you worked at work.
Working at work? Pfffff That's rediculous!

My work is either incredibly busy, or dead. Was looking for a way to pass the time during slow times. I'll talk to the IT guys.

Thanks for the tips!