Official Nodeka Board  

Go Back   Official Nodeka Board > Nodeka > General Discussion

Old 05-01-2009, 06:04 AM
Novice

Default Augment Bug (revisited)

Nijlo requested me to post this:

Hello:

I've reported this bug before (maybe over a year ago)

When you augment it doesn't fix the mod correctly, as it sets both your mod and base at the same number.

This can cause you gaining a number of stats (or losing) as your buffs (or debuffs) stop affecting you.
For instance after you augment and you get 100/100 dex, you enhance to 270/270, then drop silver inferno debuff.
Or having dual immunities as jakaen on willpower, at the point of augmenting, when buff drops you would end up with negative willpower mod. I've already tested this repeatedly as I just augmented 10 times - I did however test on intellect, not willpower.

I'm not sure if every spell up or formula in nodeka has security checks for negative values. So a negative mod concerns me more than gaining a few extra + on a stat while you can keep logged on. (As the correct mod gets fixed as you logout and log back)

As a fix, I'd suggest augment checks for the same things the quit command does (safe room, no forced presence), and makes your QUIT after augmenting. Maybe clearing affects and dropping gear (like race change), too.

I'll try and augment on willpower next time, and report what happens with my spell ups. Could be interesting.

Best Regards,