Official Nodeka Board  

Go Back   Official Nodeka Board > Nodeka > General Discussion

Old 01-12-2010, 07:30 AM
Novice

Default Mana and Spirit Shield

Had a topic I wanted to get some opinions on. After talking to Nijlo more about how shields worked I found out that if someone was able to get two shields on themselves at the same time (as a sorc can being the right race) This would happen, for every 1 damage you take .5 of that damage is given to your health and 1 damage is taken to your mana, this we knew. So both shields would not absorb at the same time and save you from getting any damage to your health nor would both shields absorb at the same time giving you double damage to your health.

However both shields do not drain at the same time. It would check to see if you had a mana shield and if you did it would apply 1 damage to your mana and .5 to health, then once your mana was empty it would check to see if you had a spirit shield and the same affect would play out with spirit.

I feel, and I'm not saying i'm right, but I feel that it should take 1 from each pool at the same time and deal you .5 health damage, with no added buffer to the damage your health sustains.

Thanks for all the responses in advance.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:17 AM
Hero

So you are saying that if Someone has both mana and a spirit shield up they should equally drain, nullifying the benefit of having 2 shields yet it keeps the same drawback?

If someone is willing to put all of their casting pools to the side for longer sustainability, I say let them. It is a double edged sword.