Thread: Changing Aug
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 08:07 PM
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenulia View Post
Wow. Me agreeing with Iblis. Never thought I'd see the day 4(5?) years ago. On the one hand, I'm always bitching about how equipment seems to be the prime determinant of how fights go. On the other hand, the power disparity between the have(augments) and the have-nots is likewise ridiculous(and only marginally more attainable than scoring that perfect super-unique). Said it before and I'll say it again. Need to get to a state where one's ability to type the correct commands at the right time actually means something. Maybe have the system flash skill/spell names in a certain colour, and you have to type the command in full in order to gain a small boost(10-20%?) in damage. Sort of like "Your opponent has left his legs undefended! Ashi Barai Sweep!" Of course, maybe we can just drop the move name from the announcement, so you'd have to read the help files and realise that Ashi Barai targets the legs, so use it, rather than being told outright. The colour thing is to discourage people from just setting up triggers(and maybe make it so if you use the skill within X seconds of the wrong coloured phrase being used, you actually get penalised with a hit/damage loss).
No matter the mechanism it can be scripted.