View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 12:44 AM
Novice

Well, it seems warlocks might be a class thrown out of whack by the benefits of crafted eq. That is, they can now wear the most powerful fighter eq (i.e. crafted pieces) without restriction, while they still gain the benefits of also being considered a caster class. So, basically, they are just as powerful as most other fighters, if not more so, in the weapon damage department, but they also get some very nice spells and buffs, making them better, in many ways, than your average fighter class. Anyway, I'm probably off here too and I do enjoy seeing where I'm off, as I'm still a newb but am interested in the dynamics of this game, so please inform.

Also, an easy fix for the above problem mentioned by Argh and Serenity would be to simply restrict the stat possibilities for figher-caster hybrids, since they are supposed to be a mix and not simply an equally powerful form of both fighter and caster, so:

Just say, if speed > 30 (or whatever), then the classes that can use it are fighter classes.
If will > 30 (or whatever), then the classes that can use it are caster classes.

And, if 0 < will < 40, then fighter-caster hybrids can use it.
If 0 < speed < 40, then fighter-caster hybrids can use it.

So there is an upper limit for the hybrids, which is still higher than the restrictions for fighers and casters.

Last edited by Bihzad; 09-29-2009 at 12:54 AM.