View Single Post
Old 01-15-2008, 07:47 PM
Apprentice

Default Re:Does necromancer need to be toned?

mage... wrote:
Quote:
Short answer Yes.

Only due to the combination of Bleed and the -hit/dam from ep loss. I certainly wouldn\'t want to see anything that impaired the already lack luster running of Necro\'s further.

I tend to think the the giving a +hit/dam to counter it would be too abuseable with stoning ep.

I like the temporary affect idea. So their power is not diminished whatsoever for the first 6 mins? (whatever bleeds +hp affect is) but after this point, you get your pools back and a chance to actually do some damage back. This shouldn\'t affect their power in group pkill or running, but makes the one vs one pkill less one sided.

-mage
Oh I totally didn\'t take into consideration stoning endurance.

The problem with the solution of a temporary affect for bleed (the minus pool idea) is that having it as a 6 minute affect of minus pools means that you won\'t be able to (presumably) regen any pools for those 6 tics. I mean say you have 15k mana and you\'re bled dry and have an affect of -15k mana, then when it tics, no matter what you regen it\'ll still be within the -15k bracket and so you won\'t be regenning anything at all.

So yeah I guess we agree that the part of necro\'s that needs adjusting, if any, is the endurance change, but the only question is.. how?

-Iblis.