View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 03:51 PM
Wanderer

Default This would solve EVERYTHING! *sarcasm - mostly*

Man, this forum looks pretty dead, and the mud has about 1/2 the ppl on it compared to my hay-day (2000-2004).

A part of the game that evolved to what it is now that I (here comes the opinion) think makes this mud unattractive to new players is - here it comes - Players can\'t hit other Players in PVP!

This is a real simple concept (yeah, I know, Nodeka likes to be complicated), but in most games of this kind, you can actually be a factor in a pfight after a couple months of devoted play. When the nubs figure out that they will NEVER be able to even scratch a major remort I believe you lose a large percentage of them.

I know that everyone wants to be freakin\' invincible just because they have a mod 500 agility and it took them 2 months to get it there, but really, it doesn\'t make any sense that you can dodge/evade 6 people at a time and change the space/time continuum every time someone swings at you. Disregarding real-world physics is fine, but 15 minute pfights are just plain ridiculous not to mention the fact that half the mud can\'t even try to avenge their beat-down by a high level character. Yeah, so you say the mortals and minors have no business messing with a major, but I say there aren\'t enough players to make that argument valid anymore.

I\'ll mention it again. Nodeka wasn\'t always this way. PK used to be fun for everyone. Maybe this rant is just wishing for the old days when PvP PK was more prevalent/fun. Somewhere along the line, the mud moved to bot-city. The RK rule discussion would be almost moot if players could be hit by any other player and only have a minute or 2 of survival against the same.

Really I guess it comes down to catering to the old guard players who have donated tons and want to bot and not have to worry about RK\'s (who would whine incessantly if things changed), or actually open the game up to new players who\'s interest in the game wouldn\'t wane after they realize they can never be a factor.

If you see me on Nodeka, I\'ll be running that script...

-Zq