Official Nodeka Board  

Go Back   Official Nodeka Board > Nodeka > General Discussion > Suggestions

Old 01-14-2008, 04:54 AM
Hero

Default Poliirs? Needing a tone?

*grumbles about deleted posts*

Okay here we go again.

Jakaens have immunities that when boosted past 100% can increase statistics upwards of +100.

One bonus per immunity. So that leaves us with 3 possible increases at the same time.

Imagine if you will 2 bonus to speed (+100 x 2) and 1 to willpower (+ 100). A big can of kickass.

It should take a decent major remort suitably equipped 5 months to gather the platinum and get the practices for 250% in 3 of the immunities.

While yes it does take some time to reach this level, you must admit the level reached is pretty high, possibly higher than anything else( I\'m speaking of long term gains versus short term gains and long prevents ).

My idea to help minimize the sheer power while not destroying the uniqueness of jakaens is to simply put fire/frost/lighting on the same prevent. Only allowing them to have 2 immunites active.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?
Old 01-14-2008, 08:40 PM
Apprentice

Default Re:Poliirs? Needing a tone?

That\'s a decent idea. It should be noted however that a it takes a lot of practices for a poliir to achieve this. Whereas a wizard does pretty much the same with a single spell. So if poliirs are deemed as needing adjustment, well, I feel wizards need it more.

If we are still progressing on the idea that classes should be buffed to be on par with other classes, well, then poliirs should be left alone because they\'re pretty up there with wizards and other classes should be buffed to compensate.

However I do still feel that toning the blatantly overpowered is better in the long run.

Just food for thought.

-Iblis.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:37 PM
Hero

Default Re:Poliirs? Needing a tone?

Iblis wrote:
Quote:
That\'s a decent idea. It should be noted however that a it takes a lot of practices for a poliir to achieve this. Whereas a wizard does pretty much the same with a single spell. So if poliirs are deemed as needing adjustment, well, I feel wizards need it more.

If we are still progressing on the idea that classes should be buffed to be on par with other classes, well, then poliirs should be left alone because they\'re pretty up there with wizards and other classes should be buffed to compensate.

However I do still feel that toning the blatantly overpowered is better in the long run.

Just food for thought.

-Iblis.
True. Id like to see others brought up to mjol/poliir/paladin levels, maybe not as high- but certainly high that where they stand now.

I just don\'t see how adding 200 speed and 100 willpower or 200 willpower and 100 speed to any class can be ignored, even if it does take a substantial amount of platinum. Perhaps cut the bonus gains past 100% in half?

Thanks for posting your thoughts Iblis, maybe something can eventually be worked out.