Official Nodeka Board  

Go Back   Official Nodeka Board > Nodeka > General Discussion > Suggestions

Old 02-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Apprentice

Default new skills

I think it is good to see all of the new skill development that has happened over the last year. Right now, most sub-classes have 1-2 unique skills and all other skills are general class skills. Personally, I would like to see the focus of new skill development change more towards sub-class specific skills/spells. It would be nice to eventually see 5-10 sub-class specific skills/spells per sub-class. That way there would be true variety and serious differentiation between the sub-classes.

Quite a few classes have 1-2 viable sub-classes with the remaining ones being seriously underpowered or useless in comparison. If need be, even throw out all (or most) of the existing sub-classes (and their skills) and just start over.

This may be the overall plan, but just thought I would throw out my 2 cents.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:03 PM
Novice

Honestly, I don't see why there are so many sub-classes. Why not just consolidate them down to two final sub-classes for each class, then give each sub-class the five or so skills that will truly make them interesting and fun to play.

Like Iron said, many of the sub-classes are just not viable to play when there are glaringly better skills to be picked. I think it would increase the fun factor for everyone if you just made it a "pick one of two" option and give each a fairly large arsenal of new skills.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:35 AM
Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bihzad View Post
Honestly, I don't see why there are so many sub-classes. Why not just consolidate them down to two final sub-classes for each class, then give each sub-class the five or so skills that will truly make them interesting and fun to play.

Like Iron said, many of the sub-classes are just not viable to play when there are glaringly better skills to be picked. I think it would increase the fun factor for everyone if you just made it a "pick one of two" option and give each a fairly large arsenal of new skills.

I disagree, I think a truly fun part of nodeka is the fact that you DON'T have all the fun skills, you have to pick and choice which path you want to take your char on. Weather you want it to more of a running build or a PK build. If you had the best of both worlds it would bland after about 3 months I think, the method they use now makes PK truly unique.

As far as what Iron said I do think there should be more unique sub-class skills and spells. And yes some of the sub-classes are almost useless. But for every spell you give one class you could upset the balance of another class. I think the way the game heading is VERY productive and will have the ability to please the mindless botters and the players who enjoy PKing.

The game is very unique in the sense that I could spend a month running plats or a month learning to craft or even a month of killing people. All of them have a great reward but they're all very different types of rewards. You don't HAVE to do 1 thing the entire time you play nodeka.