Official Nodeka Board  

Go Back   Official Nodeka Board > Nodeka > Scripting > UMC

Old 11-16-2008, 11:53 PM
Apprentice

Default How much memory is your UMC working on?

Ok not sure how right i'm on this. But you could see how efficient your codes are running from the memory usage it uses. If it's small loops and if else statements your memory usage for UMC shouldn't be that high.

This post is for plugin users only. If you're using just UMC's actions then this wouldn't apply so much to you. As plugins are all java base. You should be looking at your java runtime enviroment - javaw/java(if your plugin has a console?) for how well your UMC is running.

To find it check your task manager - Processes and the far right column (mem usage)

Well so my first test run had javaw increasing insanely till hanging the whole pc. I found out my error and corrected it.

Second test run, it stayed at 80k. Which was decent i suppose as it's as much as firefox uses. But i still notice lags now and then.
I then decided to change the priority from normal to run-time. Do you think this would affect any of my other process? Java suppose to be run-time anyways right?

So what's your mem usage?

Editted: According to Gideous he doesn't have java processes running even though he has plugins. So i don't know...i might be wrong about all this.
________
MONTANA MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY

Last edited by grimm; 03-10-2011 at 02:47 AM.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:58 AM
Administrator

I have the javaw.exe process but i'm also using the multiplatform edition of UMC.

With no plugins running, and just getting to the 40.5mB. With the following plugins installed, Battle Monitor, DmgCalculator, n411ToolChest, MP3Plugin, Nembot, Repops, SysCall, StreamLogger and WinPCap, it uses 50.5mB.

Nodeka411.net Administrator
Old 11-28-2008, 07:25 AM
Administrator

The longer you remain logged in to nodeka the more javaw.exe consumes over time.
Old 11-29-2008, 04:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity View Post
The longer you remain logged in to nodeka the more javaw.exe consumes over time.
Yeah, cause umc has to store the backlog of whats happened somewhere so you can scroll up, that all goes into memory.

Nodeka411.net Administrator