Official Nodeka Board  

Go Back   Official Nodeka Board > Nodeka > General Discussion > Suggestions

Old 01-14-2008, 04:33 AM
Hero

Default Does necromancer need to be toned?

If you feel Necromancer should be toned, please place your suggestions/ideas here.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:12 PM
Apprentice

Default Re:Does necromancer need to be toned?

Another tough call. Necromancers last forever, but deal negligible damage still.

Thus in solo pk, they are a force to be reckoned with, but in group pk they really aren\'t (unless you don\'t know how to handle them).

With this in mind, I\'d say that perhaps the only thing that needs fixing is the fact that bleed coupled with the recent endurance change has considerably \'buffed\' necromancers.

The simplest solution I can think of to this, without drasticly changing necromancers bleed in itself, is to make bleed incurr an affect on the target of a bleed, something like:

passage of the bleeding moment - bled (duration of prevent of bleed)

this \'bled\' affect should -give- the target of the bleed a percentage increase to hit/dam equivalent to the decrease suffered by the endurance change, thus nullifying it, for the duration of the prevent on bleed.

-Iblis.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:00 PM
Hero

Very interesting idea.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:33 AM
Novice

Hmm, I can kind of see that being abused (dunno if it\'s actually abuse, it\'s maybe just a legitimate strategy) - get bled for +hit/dam and then stone end for a pretty significant bonus, depending on the size of the char.

Maybe have the endurance loss be temporary - i.e. have a an affect:

- passage of the bleeding moment - endurance -12508 (1:03)
- passage of the bleeding moment - mana -6059 (1:03)

etc.

for some amount of time. So even though the target is still crippled for a while, in a tick or two they get their pools back which is better than the case where you\'re slowly trying to regen it while constantly having it egressed?

I actually kind of like the hit/dam thing more, though - it makes bleed a much more strategic.
Old 01-15-2008, 02:15 AM
Wanderer

Short answer Yes.

Only due to the combination of Bleed and the -hit/dam from ep loss. I certainly wouldn\'t want to see anything that impaired the already lack luster running of Necro\'s further.

I tend to think the the giving a +hit/dam to counter it would be too abuseable with stoning ep.

I like the temporary affect idea. So their power is not diminished whatsoever for the first 6 mins? (whatever bleeds +hp affect is) but after this point, you get your pools back and a chance to actually do some damage back. This shouldn\'t affect their power in group pkill or running, but makes the one vs one pkill less one sided.

-mage
Old 01-15-2008, 04:00 AM
Wanderer

wont really matter much will it?? after end drops to 0 even with an increased regen ratio, a necro could just egress whatever is begin recovered
Old 01-15-2008, 07:47 PM
Apprentice

mage... wrote:
Quote:
Short answer Yes.

Only due to the combination of Bleed and the -hit/dam from ep loss. I certainly wouldn\'t want to see anything that impaired the already lack luster running of Necro\'s further.

I tend to think the the giving a +hit/dam to counter it would be too abuseable with stoning ep.

I like the temporary affect idea. So their power is not diminished whatsoever for the first 6 mins? (whatever bleeds +hp affect is) but after this point, you get your pools back and a chance to actually do some damage back. This shouldn\'t affect their power in group pkill or running, but makes the one vs one pkill less one sided.

-mage
Oh I totally didn\'t take into consideration stoning endurance.

The problem with the solution of a temporary affect for bleed (the minus pool idea) is that having it as a 6 minute affect of minus pools means that you won\'t be able to (presumably) regen any pools for those 6 tics. I mean say you have 15k mana and you\'re bled dry and have an affect of -15k mana, then when it tics, no matter what you regen it\'ll still be within the -15k bracket and so you won\'t be regenning anything at all.

So yeah I guess we agree that the part of necro\'s that needs adjusting, if any, is the endurance change, but the only question is.. how?

-Iblis.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:17 AM
Wanderer

What if instead of instantly draining pools, the affect worked more gradually. Like crit wound for mana, spirit and endurance. Keep the total damage the same, but spread it out over, say, 60 seconds. This would give the victim a window in which to respond (cast spells, use prevents, etc) but still suffer the affects of being bled.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:42 PM
Apprentice

Darkanion wrote:
Quote:
What if instead of instantly draining pools, the affect worked more gradually. Like crit wound for mana, spirit and endurance. Keep the total damage the same, but spread it out over, say, 60 seconds. This would give the victim a window in which to respond (cast spells, use prevents, etc) but still suffer the affects of being bled.
Gradually or instantly isn\'t the issue here really. There\'s nothing wrong with the mechanics of bleed, in my opinion. It might be powerful, but it isn\'t entirely OP.

The only issue that makes it overpowered is the combination of it with the fact that below the endurance threshold there is the damage and hit penalty. Making the reduction gradual won\'t alter that.

How about simply make a \'bled\' affect on the target of a bleed that, instead of giving +hit/dam percentage (with the weaknesses of that pointed out by Mage), it simply nullifies the ability for low endurance to incurr a penalty.

i.e. when a person is affected by the \'bled\' affect for say, 10 tics or something, his threshold for receiving the negative side of the endurance change is automaticly made to be at -100 endurance (reason being through moving with 1 end you can easily end up with negative endurance anyway, so -100 is \'safe\' insofar as you can\'t hit it).