Official Nodeka Board  

Go Back   Official Nodeka Board > Nodeka > General Discussion

Old 06-03-2009, 07:39 PM
Novice

[ Commandant Vai-shan shouts ]: 'All hail Tomb, Ally of Ruushi!'

Commandant Vai-shan tells you, 'Your devotion to Ruushi's defense is inspiring, Tomb.'
[ Commandant Vai-shan shouts ]: 'All hail Tomb, Ally of Ruushi!'
You have completed a quest (type quests completed for more details).
To see if this quest NPC has more quests, type: check <NPC name>.
Your rp points have been altered by 50.
Commandant Vai-shan tells you, 'You've gained the title of Ally of Ruushi. Congratulations!'

So now there's a reward for quest completion.
Will update how to achieve when I get word.

Here's Tomb's idea:
[ Tomb gossips ]: 'if you read this later: peoples wanna know if we
letes it after x amount of invasions or mob kills or rune drops'
Old 06-03-2009, 07:48 PM
Novice

double post
Old 06-04-2009, 05:11 AM
Novice

Default one of each?

ok that idea didn't work :P

"Vivec tells you --> Dev 5, Task 3, Witch 4, Goon 5, Warlock 7, Lumber 5, Mastiff 10, Butch 4, Wall-Basher 2"

[over] reaction [of the century, in the heat of passage of the reward-moment]:
"Vivec tells you, 'I quit'
Vivec tells you, 'I'm done'"

Okay so maybe the quest completion didn't come from one of each - maybe something similar? Like getting the most mobs from your quest rune? As in, there are 3 devourers in your room, and you got rune and all 3 jump you. And something similar with other runes?

The one I got the reward on, I think I had a situation like that at least 2 times.

OR lastly, maybe each time we participate in the event - there's some kind of internal counter going on? Count how many invasions you participate in and see what happens.
Old 06-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Apprentice

Default PKing during invasions

Well, Odinn's little rampage did bring up the thorny issue of PKing during invasions. Some people are going to take advantage of the invasions and try to PK.

Yes Odinn, it is taking advantage. You know that. That is why you bothered to show up, you knew it was easy PK. The mobs people are killing are huge and can do significant damage. That leaves them players basically defenseless for longer than any PK. A 50k rank player could run around PKing people 3x their size in that environment. Not to mention that people are constantly yelling their exact position. It's shooting ducks in a barrel.

Invasions are designed to have players work together for the greater good (good = bigger reward for all). Sure, for those who play once a month to get a few cheap PKs it doesn't matter. The rest of us actually enjoy the invasions.

As today showed, 1 person can significantly affect the invasion for everyone. Which is a shame since the invasions seem to have done a lot to improve people's excitement for Nodeka.

Some *cough*Odinn*cough* will say that players should handle it themselves. But even trying that is going to have a negative impact on the overall outcome if you have 1 large player doing the PKing. If a hunting party is formed, those people aren't helping with the invasion. While the hunting party is playing chase, the PKer can just run around picking off small people who are then no longer helping. And the PKer can always just step out of town to hide for a moment, thus prolonging the damage they are doing. Even without the actual PKs, the distraction itself and time taken away from the defense of Ruushi has a negative impact on all.

Solution:
Each society has its socially challenged members. That's why they have police. Time for new laws. All donut shops in Ruushi are ordered closed during an invasion (sorry Dunken) and the police will be required to work overtime to ensure muggers, vandals, and ogre sympathizers will be prosecuted.

Since it would be bad for the northern capitol to fall and allow the ogres to overrun the continent. Ruushi should call upon the Police officers of the south (AV peacekeepers) to assist in maintaining law and order during the crisis. After all, someone needs to deal with the cheap muggers, petty thieves, and Vl'Lak gang wannabes (throw up the big "L" gangsta sign) while the rebellion is being quashed.

For people who accidentally PK, its like being put in the penalty box, you have to leave Ruushi until your PK flag goes away. Less reward for you at the end. For those who want to see the invasion fail, have fun trying to pick-pocket some cheap RP with 10 peacekeepers hitting you (having the scout yell out positions for peacekeeper interventions could be good also).
Old 06-07-2009, 09:07 PM
Administrator

Now this I like... lots!
Old 06-07-2009, 09:27 PM
Novice

For once....I think Odinn is cool =P
Old 06-07-2009, 11:29 PM
Apprentice

The other thought to solve the PK problem is to have all of the normal "citizens" of Ruushi enmesh (inferno, spatha etc also) anybody with a PK flag on sight. Just give them detect hidden/invis for the duration. The citizen can even yell that they have done it with a room name so that the PKer can be taken care of.

In times of crisis, even normal citizens can help by tripping a criminal trying to run from the authorities. Everyone has to do their part, no matter how small.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Apprentice

So I take back what I said about Footpads/Ninjas. The trick for us types with Ambush is to stay in the room for about 3 seconds with the mob that can be triggered, then flee to another room and ambush it. If done right, you should be able to get the first attack. Useful if you can kill a goon faster than it can summon mastiffs(the hugest wastes of time in the entire invasion). I can't kill Lumberjacks or the like that fast. Yet.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:36 PM
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron View Post
For those who want to see the invasion fail, have fun trying to pick-pocket some cheap RP with 10 peacekeepers hitting you (having the scout yell out positions for peacekeeper interventions could be good also).
There's only like 3 people I can get RP from and I don't bother killing them because they paid me off.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:07 AM
Apprentice

I think people taking advantage of turmoil to stab some people in the back is a good idea. If enough players are offended, they can kos the offending party. But other than that, when someone is occupied is exactly when you should settle a score. There's a general agreement even amongst rival clans that pk doesn't happen during an invasion. So I don't think it's a common problem, or even a problem at all.

Now, I know if someone jumped me while I was doing the invasion, I would be pissed off. But that doesn't mean it shouldn't be possible.